Main Forum

Forsaken Thicket Guide

8 replies
Votes:
+9
Admins
Raider
SPIRIT VALE

Luckily for us, the hard working people at Dulfy have put together some pretty detailed guides for all 3 boss encounters in the Spirit Vale raid wing and while I do not necessarily agree with everything in the guide, it is a fantastic resource for inexperienced raiders and a valuable asset to have read before attempting to raid. If nothing else, the guides will give you some idea of what to expect so you're not caught completely off-guard and may even help the "experienced" raiders among you to clear up any misconceptions.

1. Vale Guardian

2. Gorseval The Multifarious

3. Sabetha The Saboteur

SALVATION PASS

Spoiler: 1. SlothasorShow

Spoiler: 2. Bandit TrioShow

Spoiler: 3. Matthias GabrelShow

STRONGHOLD OF THE FAITHFUL

Since Dulfy has already released guides for the final wing of Forsaken Thicket, this section of the guide will simply provide the appropriate links to her website. I will, however, comment briefly on each encounter and touch on strategies that myself and my guild have found to be effective but be sure to have either read her guides or experienced the encounter first as I will not explain any of the terminology.

Spoiler: 2. Keep ConstructShow

Spoiler: 3. XeraShow

You can watch DnT clear all 3 encounters at the following link.

ADDITIONAL TIPS

Some players may benefit from the following 3rd party programs/websites. The first is a damage-per-second meter that monitors your damage output and may be useful for players looking to improve their rotations and the second is an overlay that some find helpful for orientating themselves when things get chaotic. Neither program is necessary and you should not feel obliged to make use of them but if you are the type of player who enjoys the aid of such programs, then you should probably give them a go! The loop countdown timer is very useful for predicting recurring mechanics such as the green skull AoEs during the Slothasor encounter.

DPS Meter
Raid Overlay
Loop Countdown

Happy raiding, everybody!

Dunstan
Posted Feb 16, 16 · OP · Last edited Aug 28, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
Admins
Veteran
+1 Dunstan. Are you planning on keeping this up to date as the meta shifts?
IGN's: Banana Commander, Bullbeard (Guild Wars 2)
Click here to add me on steam
Posted Feb 20, 16
Votes:
+9
Admins
Raider
Yeah I'll keep coming back to it as new builds arise and as new wings are released :)
Posted Feb 21, 16 · OP
Votes:
Big Boi Play Dunstan, nice work man!:)
Posted Mar 7, 16
Votes:
+9
Admins
Raider
Thanks, Chop! It'll need some serious updating soon!!
Posted Mar 7, 16 · OP
Votes:
+2
Admins
Veteran
I edited your links to not just be httplinks. Looks cleaner.
IGN's: Banana Commander, Bullbeard (Guild Wars 2)
Click here to add me on steam
Posted Mar 7, 16
Votes:
Untagged users
nice like the new ranking of raid chars
Posted May 23, 16
Votes:
Untagged users
http://imgur.com/a/PmHiy
Maybe this is a little memory support for cleaning shrooms and dropping poision on slothasor?
2c26ab4392c8eda9.png
Posted Aug 9, 16
Votes:
+9
Admins
Raider
Looks cool but we don't really go for the middle strategy. I find it a bit needlessly risky tbh.
Posted Aug 9, 16 · OP
NoticeNotices